GIT - Guards in Training: (Entering 8th grade – 14 years old)
Marinwood's Guards in Training program is a great way to learn the ins and outs of lifeguarding. GIT will develop your leadership skills and sense of responsibility as you work alongside the pool staff shadow-lifeguarding, assisting with swim lessons, participating in exciting training scenarios, and more. Participants do not need to be expert swimmers. Each week will highlight different skills and feature different activities and games, so attending multiple sessions is highly encouraged. Make friends, learn something new and enjoy a summer with Marinwood!
- GIT Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:45am-3:00 pm
2017 DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Applications due: Wednesday, May 10, 5pm
- Training: Monday, May 15, 3:15-5:00pm OR Friday, May 19, 3:15-5:00pm
- To be eligible to become a GIT, you must attend one of these trainings. You choose which session to attend, no RSVP needed.
- Session Assignments and Registration Opens: Monday, May 22
- After 2:00pm, a list will be posted below and at the Marinwood Community Center for those chosen to participate. Check the front windows for your assignments!
- Register by Monday, June 5 or your spot will no longer be guaranteed. See below for the registration packet.